Now Hiring @ The Poke Box
Poke box now hiring!
Store FRONT associate
The Poke Box provides a product that is defined by each and every customer. Our mission is to serve our patrons with fresh, unique, responsible ingredients and allow everyone to enjoy poke.
Fresh - Our company's first and foremost mission is to ensure our patrons are getting the freshest ingredients. To support this mission, our proteins and produce are purchased in small batches several times a week. The fish we offer is never frozen and our menu offerings will change with the seasons.
Unique -We offer a changing selection of seasonal ingredients that stem from Hawaii, Japan and Canada. Each ingredient is tried and true before being added to the lineup, we seek to provide something for every individual palette.
Responsible - We believe in sustainability and environmental responsibility. We think our customers will be better able to enjoy our product knowing the story behind each of our ingredients. Our supply and pricing of tuna reflect the constraints of our eco-system.
Be a part of our new and growing team!
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare customized meal boxes for both catering and our lunch and dinner customers according to the Poke Box's standards
- Follow recipes, portion control and presentation specifications as set by management
- Prepare fresh ingredients and components of poke boxes, includes handling of fresh produce and seafood
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Perform ad hoc duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Understand our company's goals and offerings and use them to provide customers with a product that meets their needs.
- Provide quality customer service through, anticipating and understanding customer needs, providing customer interaction and resolving customer complaints,
- Great communication skills
- 2+ years food handling experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with food preparation and serving is considered an asset
- Basic understanding of kitchen work and cleanliness
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under high pressure
- Must be able to work with a quick tempo (speed and accuracy are key)
- Active social media presence a plus
Paid training will be provided before opening.
**** Please submit all resumes via INDEED ****
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Experience preferred but not required. Only resumes selected for interview will be contacted.
Follow us on Instagram @thepokebox
Compensation based on experience